So, here I am at the start of a journey I have not felt possible or achievable until now. Writing down my journey of life on a public blog. I have to say, that I am nervous. I hear about people that have less than positive feedback on their blogs or posts and I am not sure I am ready for this. I am hoping for positivity and encouragement, just as the words I write will hopefully give others the same.
I am normally a fairly private person. Ironic, heard it all before, I hear you say... yeah yeah. I am one of those people.
I have been compelled and encouraged by those close to me that know my story that I should blog, or write a book. I prefer a blog... a book seems entirely large and way too complicated for me. I hated English at school, I am not a creative writer and I struggle to spell anything apart from anatomical parts of the body.
I have to admit, I have written three blogs, on LinkedIn. If you want, check them out under my profile. The problem was, with those links... that I left out a large part of my life... my faith.
Why? Well, because I am only just learning that my work, faith and personal life are all intertwined, and that it's okay for it to be that way.
I previously had three distinct lives, work, faith and personal. Previously they rarely connected. It was how I survived my adult life until now. So why has it changed now? Because I am changing, I am growing up. At 34, I feel more like an adult. Not just a wanna be. Or perhaps I have been blessed immensely, through all the bad decisions, pain, hurt, hard work and just plain living God has blessed me.