This morning, my husband comes up to me and decides it would be a good, fun way of saying goodbye to wipe (RUB all over) hand moisturiser onto my face, give me a kiss and walk out the door.
I wasn't happy at all. AT ALL. Why? Because I have 'face issues'- pimples. I spend lots of money, time and inner thoughts on how I can improve or get rid of the pimples I get in my 30's. Hand Moisturiser on my face, is not one of them. It is way too oily for an already too oily face.
I realised that my insecurities didn't help my mood nor how I said goodbye to my well intentioned husband. All those thoughts clouded the true meaning of the interaction we could have had this morning. God asks of us to "lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely" (Hebrews 12:1). The reason why God wants me to lay aside this weight of mine, is so that I can see and experience the joy my husband can bring, so that I can experience God (through my hubby's humour and love) and the blessing that brings to my morning and my day. My husband (and God) knows I struggle with my face (among other insecurities), but I have never actually realised what a burden that can be to me and to others! My humble attempt at "making it right" with my hubby is below via text...
What can you lay aside today? What can you release from to see God's love shining through? How can you be humble in others well intentioned kindness?
